WHY DRINKING CAFFEINATED SODAS IS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH
Scientists have researched what takes place in your body within an hour of drinking a Cola.
Here is what they found, detailed in an article published in Nutrition Research Center on October 24, 2007
- Within the first 10 minutes, 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. This is 100 percent of your recommended daily intake, and the only reason you don’t vomit as a result of the overwhelming sweetness is because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor.
- Within 20 minutes, your blood sugar spikes, and your liver responds to the resulting insulin burst by turning massive amounts of sugar into fat.
- Within 40 minutes, caffeine absorption is complete; your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, and your liver dumps more sugar into your bloodstream.
- Around 45 minutes, your body increases dopamine production, which stimulates the pleasure centers of your brain – a physically identical response to that of heroin, by the way.
- After 60 minutes, you’ll start to have a sugar crash.
AND DR MERCOLA ADDS:
- Each Daily Soda Increases Obesity Risk 60%
- Potassium Depletion – The Latest Danger Facing Chronic Soda Drinkers
You also risk Caffeine Intoxication.
- Drinking Soda Can Paralyze You
- One Soda a Day Increases Diabetes Risk 85 Percent.
in USA Today June 8, 2004
IF YOU CANNOT STOP DRINKING SODAS: GET HELP!
This addiction can be treated with EFT "Emotional Freedom Technique".
Search the "addiction" database in the website http://www.emofree.com/
The consumption of soft drinks has increased 500% in the last 50 years, according to the US Department of Agriculture.
From The Lancet 2001;357:505-508
BEWARE: SEARCHING THE MERCOLA.COM DATABASE CAN BE ADDICTIVE.
BUT THIS ADDICTION MAY GREATLY IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH.