U.S. Health officials across the world have declared a public health emergency and fear this could be the beginning of a global pandemic that started in Mexico, where seven people are confirmed dead as a result of the new virus.
On Monday April 27th, the World Health Organization (WHO) raised its pandemic alert level to four on its six-level threat scale, which means that they have determined that the virus is capable of human-to-human transmission.
The number of death cases and of suspected and confirmed disease cases across the world change depending on the source. Get the latest numbers from Google Maps' Swine Flu Tracker.
According to official sources, the symptoms are:
Fever of more than 100 F
Runny nose and/or sore throat
Vomiting and/or diarrhea
Lack of appetite
Well, aren't those the ordinary symptoms of normal, regular flu some people get in winter?
Don't rush to the hospital as soon as you have them!
Dr MERCOLA writes:
"I suspect you have likely been alarmed by the media's coverage of the swine flu scare. It has a noticeable subplot - preparing you for draconian measures to combat a future pandemic as well as forcing you to accept the idea of mandatory vaccinations.
"On April 27 Time magazine published an article which discusses how dozens died and hundreds were injured from vaccines as a result of the 1976 swine flu fiasco, when the Ford administration attempted to use the infection of soldiers at Fort Dix as a pretext for a mass vaccination of the entire country.
"Despite acknowledging that the 1976 farce was an example of "how not to handle a flu outbreak", the article still introduces the notion that officials "may soon have to consider whether to institute draconian measures to combat the disease".
""This is NOT the First Swine Flu Panic. The last time was in 1976, right before I entered medical school and I remember it very clearly. It resulted in the massive swine flu vaccine campaign.
"Do you happen to recall the result of this massive campaign?
"Within a few months, claims totaling $1.3 billion had been filed by victims who had suffered paralysis from the vaccine. The vaccine was also blamed for 25 deaths.
"However, several hundred people developed crippling Guillain-Barré Syndrome after they were injected with the swine flu vaccine. Even healthy 20-year-olds ended up as paraplegics.
"And the swine flu pandemic itself? It never materialized.
"More People Died From the Swine Flu Vaccine than Swine Flu!"
Dr MERCOLA's advice is : "The key is to remain calm."
Here are a few simple things to do:
* OPTIMIZE YOUR VITAMIN D LEVELS! Vitamin D is the best thing to avoid infections of ALL kinds, and vitamin D deficiency is what causes you to get the flu in winter because of lack of sun -- not the flu virus itself.
This is probably the single most important and least expensive action you can take.
Have your vitamin D level monitored: to confirm your levels are therapeutic at 50-70 ng.ml and done by a reliable vitamin D lab like Lab Corp.
* AVOID SUGAR - Sugar decreases the function of your immune system almost immediately.
Be aware that sugar is present in foods you may not suspect, like ketchup and fruit juice.
* GET ENOUGH REST
* HAVE EFFECTIVE TOOLS TO ADDRESS STRESS - Relieve your stress with EFT - and I recommend that you get the great mp3 audio from Ron Ball on stress in the EFT WORLD SUMMIT - click on this link
If stress becomes overwhelming then your body will be less able to fight off the flu and other illness.
* EXERCISE WISELY - to increase blood circulation and better diffuse the components of your immune system throughout the body.
* GET OMEGA-3 FAT FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE (the best is krill-oil)
* WASH YOUR HANDS with regular, simple chemical-free soap (not antibacterial soap).
* EAT GARLIC REGULARLY. Garlic works like a broad-spectrum antibiotic against bacteria, virus, and protozoa in the body.
* AVOID HOSPITALS AND VACCINES.
READ DR. MERCOLA'S FULL FILE ON THE SWINE FLU HERE: